Wednesday, February 9, 2011

two ories!



Wow, so it's a been a while since we've updated...we've been really busy and very relaxed all at the same time. A few weeks ago Leigh and I were in Cozumel for some time off! Grey stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa and since our return has been asking for chocolate milk, exclusively. Hmmm.... very curious. hahaha. It was the longest we've been away from the little man and yeah we totally were missing him by the 4th day. (Note: Leigh missed him before we even left :) So yeah, the time away was incredible and much needed.

oh how i miss you sun...don't worry we'll see you again...in june. *sigh*
oh yeah on our way home we got stuck in the largest blizzard in history! perfect. just when we wanted to be home and see our little man, we get stuck in Atlanta! (note: to those living in the Atlanta area, im sure its a great place and all that, but we wanted to be HOME!) :)

So needless to say we were very excited to see grey when we got back to Michigan. I can;t believe how much the little guy changed in a single week...crazy. the kids a giant, and enrolled in college. geez.

Ok, now onto Grey's best friend (besides me) his stuffed eeyore. This has been Greys "goto" stuffed animal for a long time now and recently we've noticed eeyore (or orie as Grey refers to him as) has gotten a little rough around the edges, heck the kid drools on him all night long, what do you expect. So leigh and i thought, "hey we should buy another one just in case this one goes out of commission" Perfect we thought. So we did and recently we introduced Grey to his new orie...

we took a video of the introduction...

while watching you'll notice a few things.

1. He's not really sure why there's 2 ories and proceeds with caution.
2. He thinks theres 3 ories for some reason.
3. But he's not afraid to kiss either one of them
4. He's not interested in taking a nap at this time.
5. He Definately knows thediffernce between the "real" orie and the "fake" one.
6. Finally he resorts to some "close talking" followed by falling over to make his full introduction... goof.





*A few side notes from Leigh
1. Grey does not exclusively ask for chocolate milk. My mom would kill me if she saw that. My parents did great and followed all of my rules (even though they think my rules are crazy)
2. Our plan on having a "spare" Orie backfired...big time. He now has to have BOTH ories. He can't sleep unless he has two Oriess.
3. You may be thinking "oh, how cute he cuddles with Orie when he sleeps...Uh, no, he uses them BOTH as pillows. What a weirdo!
4. When first meeting the "fake" Orie he refers to him as "puppy" it's not in the video, but it's very funny!

oh yeah in other news...grey's almost 2!!! ahhhhh


love to you all!

the gibbs'

9 comments:

Jamie said...

He's so cute!

Colleen said...

Ha! Awesome video.

The Dugan's said...

I remember the first time we left Brenden to go to Cancun...so hard to leave but makes it great to come home. And don't worry...I leave rules when my kids are with my parents too!! Love the video!!

Holli said...

adorable as always. I just love that sweet little voice, and at the end of the video how he's just staring and talking quietly to his lovey!!! so adorable.
I also tried to get a second replacement of Alex's lovey--just to be "smart". He's not having it at all. He shows me his other lovey but wants nothing to do with it when it comes time to sleeping, only wants his original. these kids are TOO smart!!! ha,ha.
P.S. can't believe he's almost two! how does that happen? It feels like yesterday I was reading about him while you were still pregnant and me too. ugh, this time thing is bittersweet!!!

Jo-Anne said...

Hahaha! That's so adorable. My daughter is kind of the same way. She started of sleeping with just one little bear and now it's somehow become, Chrissy Bear (it was a Christmas bear and we're very clever with names), a tigger stuffie, and two dog stuffies. =)

Amanda_in78 said...

That was just too adorable!!!

amberWIRE said...

So cute! I love when he gives the new Orie a stare down.

Jill said...

ADORABLE!!
And I can't believe he's turning two!! Glad you guys had a good vacation!

Meinhardt Family said...

ahhh, that vacation picture sure looked nice. I'm so wanting hot weather right now. I'm done with this.
Love the Grey video. He's so adorable and such a bright little star.