Monday, June 6, 2011

It's Official...

We have a big boy. A few weekends ago my mom, my sister, and my nephew took a trip out to Ikea (my nephew had a soccer tournament there so it worked out great!) and I took the plunge and bought Grey a big boy bed! This is something that I have seriously lost sleep over. I had no idea what kind of bed to get for Grey. Should it be low to the ground so he can climb onto it? Should it be higher so he can transfer over from a wheelchair? Decisions, decisions. I decided to go with this bed from Ikea. It is low, but not too low and seems to be just perfect for our Grey. :)

Before we put together the new bed, I wanted to spruce up his room a bit. We hadn't painted it since we moved in (over a year ago) and I was so excited to finally decorate Grey's room! I loved putting his nursery together in our old house, but I wasn't sure what to do here...until now. :) I had visions of colorful robots dancing through my head. We knew that we wanted Grey's room to be fun and colorful and this is what we did...




This GNG has been with Grey from the beginning. Greyson Neal Gibbs...gotta love the initials.


Grey loves his letters so I thought that this would be perfect!!


I just love these robots!!

So far, Grey loves his new room and his new bed. It was a super easy transition for all of us and I'm so happy that we did it! Although more times than not, we go in to check on him and he looks like this...
he's been wearing undies to bed for a few weeks now (yay!!) but his scrawny little booty has a hard time keeping them up!!

Here he is his first night in his new bed, still has to have his Ories!


Hope you all are enjoying your summer!!
Love,
Leigh, Andy and the big boy

15 comments:

Jon Den Houter said...

I love the robots!!!

Kelly said...

Love the new room. So stinkin cute! Looking forward to seeing you guys Wednesday!

Our family said...

Love the room, especially the alphabet wall :)Oh yeah, G's bottom is so cute!

Michelle said...

his room is awesome! could be in a magazine! he is so cute i could eat him up. i love him. his bed looks super cozy. love it!

Summers Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Wow, what a snazzy bed! ;) I knew Grey would do great...and the room looks awesome. I still get a little teary eyed seeing Nate sleep in his big boy bed. Sigh, our boys are growin' up. Wait until you are getting Grey ready for preschool!

Summers Family said...

So cute! What a big boy he is now. Love him and the new room :-)

Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Coleman and Lauren said...

He is NOT a big boy! Lewis is the same age Greyson was when I found your blog. And that can't be more than 2 months ago... seriously! But the room... I LOVE it! The ABCs and robots are too cute! And those cheeks?! Oh my goodness pinch them for me! Is that weird? I don't care! See you soon :)

Jo-Anne said...

That's so awesome. I'm terrified of putting my kiddo in a big bed. I'm pretty sure I'd find her in a pile of random stuff in the morning lol. I love the bedroom. It looks AMAZING. I especially love the alphabet wall. Great job! =)

Joanna said...

So cute! Love the room! So proud of him! Now don't mind me as I keep my baby in a crib for another few years. lol.

krousehouse said...

Awesome room! Love the robots and especially the letters!

Nate and Emily said...

awww! i love it! i can't believe he's in a big bed! and his room is adorable! he is always ready for what's next!

Amanda_in78 said...

Love the new room!
The alphabet is a great idea!!
Good for you for making the big boy bed transition!

Grammy aka Lindy said...

Love the room and your beautiful little boy. Connected with your blog through a niece with a son with spina bifida. Would love to know where you got the alphabet letters if you would be willing to share the information. Look forward to all your posts! Thanks...Lindy Swenson

Smilen Champ said...

HI Grey
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. U are an amazing, courageous, strong, and determined fighter. U are a brave warrior, smilen champ, inspirational hero, a super trooper, and a tough cookie. i love your room Grey!
I was born with a rare life threatening disease.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com