Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Six Months...

Then:



Now:



Today our Grey is SIX MONTHS OLD!! I can't even believe it. It feels like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital after 12 long days in the NICU. Days filled with uncertainty and worry. We had so many questions before he was born...Would he need a shunt? Would there be many shunt revisions? Would we have to start cathing right away? Would we be able to come up with a bladder/bowel program so he could be like all of his friends? And the ever pressing...Will he walk? We certainly don't have all of those answers, but what we do have is an amazing son, who is smiling, laughing, rolling, sitting, and a faithful God who has shown Himself to us over and over and over again in these past 6 months. We have faith that whatever challenges come up, we will get through. I no longer fear the future, but look forward to it. I can't wait to hear him say "mama" for the first time, to get a hug, and to hear his first joke. These past 6 months have been nothing short of amazing and I can't wait to see what else God has in store for us!

4 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

I have tears! That is the sweetest post with the sweetest little guy!

I can't tell you enough how much I love having all these new SB friends! It's just so refreshing to hear the same things out of your mouth that came out of ours! Don't you just wish that you could turn back time and take some of that worry and uncertainty away, and replace it with the feeling you have now?

p.s. your comments made me crack up! That is so me, trying to delete comments and then it causes a scene... but I got a kick out of it!

Unknown said...

Praise God--He is good. Grey is precious. There is so much to look forward to!

Mariann said...

wonderful day to celebrate! what a blessing, and he's doing so well. . . can't wait to hear all about you as you grow up, greyson.

Unknown said...

Happy 6 month Birthday, Grey. U. Dave and I love reading your blog and can't wait to meet you in Oct. Hopefully you'll be home when we get there. Love you all.