Sunday, September 28, 2008

THE PRAYERS ARE WORKING!

Andy and I found out yesterday, through a friend of his mom's, that there is another couple in our EXACT situation. They are around our age, pregnant with their first baby (a boy), and they were just recently told that their son has spina bifida. The real kicker is that they live on the street directly behind us and just a few houses down! If I were to go in my backyard right now, I could probably see their house! They will be coming over sometime this week so we can all get a chance to know each other and support each other with all of these tough decisions that are needing to be made (ex. finding the right surgeons and doctors to take care of our little ones once they are here.) OH, and I forgot to mention that they are due 2 weeks before us!! I am not in any way happy that they are going through the same thing that we are, but I can honestly say that I feel God at work, bringing the 4 (ok, 6) of us together in this way. :) We just wanted to let you all know that your prayers are greatly appreciated and definatley being felt. We love you all.

4 comments:

janine said...

Andy & Leigh,
Congradulations on your new addition. I just love the name that you picked out. Herman was a bit disppointed that you were not going to name him "Herman". He says that Herman- means "Noble warrior.
Love
Herman & Janine

Kristin said...

WOW! What an amazing testimony to God's faithfulness that you will have friends to go through this together with! We are praying for you and can't wait for the arrival of your perfect baby boy. We were also relived to hear that "Garyson" was a typo by Grandma.
Love, the Bingamons

dtvanderheide said...

Leigh and Andy,
We are so happy that you were able to find Nate and Emily and we will be thinking of you this week as you meet with them and start an amazing friendship together. Know that we are praying for you both and baby boy gibbs. Your faith and story as journaled here are such a great example of the people that you are and the parents that you will become.

Jessica said...

Hi Leigh and Andy. I am Jessica from the SB Moms and Dads group. I hope you don't mind if I link you on my blog and read along. I am so glad you have met some people IRL that are going through the same thing you are. That was so helpful for us! I am so excited to get to read about your journey!